An emergence Central Committee comprising the 27 members has resolved that Acting President Guy Scott remains suspended and that they will consider names of presidential applicants tomorrow.
The Committee has also resolved that any meeting held and chaired by Scott will be considered illegal as he remains suspended.
They also restated that the 16 that who were purported to be suspended remain bona-fide holders and members of the Central Committee because Scott who suspended the 16 remains a suspended official and the Committee was waiting for his letter of exculpation.
A scheduled Central Committee Meeting that should have taken place at State House on Sunday failed to take place.
Earlier backroom discussions between Guy Scott and the Edgar Lungu Camp resolved that the meeting would take place that would include the suspended officials in the spirit of reconciliation.
However when the 27 arrived at State House, they found that 11 of their colleagues were barred entry and abandoned the meeting in solidarity.
But Scot later gathered Bridget Attanga, Dorothy Kazunga, Daniel Mukombwe, kayula, Chishimba Kambwili, Syvia Masebo, Emmanuel Chenda, Anthony Kasolo, Nixon Chilangwa, Goeffrey Chumbwe, Miles Sampa, Philip Kosamu,Ngosa Symbyakula and are expected to announce that their Committee as picked widow to late President Michael Sata, Dr. Christine Kaseba-Sata as their preferred candidate to be taken to the General Conference
Below is the full statement.
STATEMENT ISSUED BY MEMBERS OF THE CENTRAL COMMITTEE on Sunday 23rd NOVEMBER 2014
We regret to announce that the 43 Member Central Committee, which was scheduled to held at State House, has failed.
There was an effort to meet Dr. Scott and resolve all outstanding issues but he failed to take the opportunity.
When we the 27 Members of the Central Committee appeared at State House, we recognized that 11 of our colleagues were barred from entering State House.
We joined in solidarity with our colleagues and called off the meeting.
In the spirit of reconciliation we have resolved to put our differences behind and hoped that Dr. Guy Scott would exercise a good sense of leadership and allow the meeting to take place.
It is clear that Dr. Scott doesn’t mean well and despite our resolve to move the vision of President Michael Sata forward, Dr. Scott is not sharing the same vision.
We have held an emergence meeting and restate the following:
1. To uphold the suspension of Dr. Guy Lindsay Scott’s under Article 58 (c) and remained suspended until the Central Committee hears the matter.
2. The suspension announced by Dr. Scott remains null and void as he himself is a suspended official and could not therefore carry out such a decision.
We have resolved the following:
1. A fresh Meeting of the Central Committee has been called for tomorrow at 09hours.
2. Acting Secretary General Mrs. Bridget Attanga has been requested to bring all applications relating to all presidential candidate as earlier instructed.
3. The Central Committee will consider the application
4. The names of the successful candidates will be taken to the General Conference as enshrined under Article 52
We wish to emphasize that if any meeting chaired by Dr. Guy Scott has taken place, it will be regarded as illegal as the quorum cannot be formed without us and because Dr. Scott remains a suspended official.
ISSUED BY MEMBERS OF THE CENTRAL COMMITTEE