FAZ dissolves CB match organising committee

Kalusaha Bwalya FAZ AGM 2013-03-30_Lusakavoice.com
THE Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) has dissolved the Copperbelt match organising committee (MOC), paving the way for restructuring.

The Copperbelt MOC was tasked to organise international and Cup games in the region.
According to a message sent to the MOCs by FAZ treasurer, Kelvin Mutafu, who is chairperson for the committee, the Lusaka team would also be dissolved after the November 23 Barclays Cup final.
Mutafu thanked the outgoing MOC members for serving the association diligently.
He also reminded the members of the dissolved team that using of their identity cards was illegal and directed them to surrender them to FAZ.
Mutafu stated that all football members had been informed about the dissolution of the Copperbelt committee and the need not to recognise their identification cards.
“Please be informed that I have dissolved the Copperbelt MOC with immediate effect. I wish to thank you for having served and offered your services diligently. Use of old identity cards is illegal and all the football members have been told not to recognise them,” Mutafu’s message read in part.
And title chasing Nkana’s case in their abandoned MTN-FAZ Premier Division League Week 27 match against Konkola Blades would be decided tomorrow when the association’s disciplinary committee presides over the matter.
Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) spokesperson Erick Mwanza said at a media briefing in Lusaka yesterday that Football House has received the report of what transpired at Konkola Stadium on Sunday when Kabwe-based referee Wisdom Chewe halted the match following crowd trouble.
Mwanza said the secretariat has in accordance with procedure handed over the matter to the disciplinary committee that is supposed to look at the matter by applying the rules and regulations as stipulated in the FAZ constitution.
Chewe decided to abandon the exciting match in the 87th minute as the home side was enjoying a 1-0 lead.
This followed a brawl that ensued after some Blades fans allegedly started taunting their Nkana counterparts late in the game and escalated into a clash forcing police officers to fire teargas canisters in an effort to calm the situation.
This comes a few weeks after a rescheduled Week 17 league match between Nkana and Forest Rangers which ended goalless, was abandoned by referee Hendrix Mutumba soon after rowdy Nkana fans started throwing objects on the pitch.