Farm inputs will be given – Lubinda

Given Lubinda , Minister of Agriculture
Given Lubinda (Former Minister of Agriculture

GOVERNMENT says the distribution of farm inputs under the farmer input support programme (FISP) for 2015/2016 farming season will be completed within the next two weeks.
Minister of Agriculture Given Lubinda said Government has already distributed about 80 percent of the required inputs to farmers across the country.
The minister said in an interview in Lusaka yesterday that Government is working round the clock to ensure that all farmers receive farm inputs before the onset of the rains.
“Government is happy with the rate at which the farm input distribution is going across the country. I want to confirm that we are at 80 percent in terms of farm input distribution and we are only waiting for the remaining 20 percent before we finish distributing the commodities to our farmers.


“I want to assure our farmers that Government will finish distributing the farm inputs before the onset of the rains,” Mr Lubinda said.
He said the timely distribution of farm inputs is a demonstration of Government’s pledge to boost food production.
Mr Lubinda said Government attaches great importance to the distribution exercise and assured that all farmers will receive inputs before the rainy season.
He said Government will continue to support rural farmers as they contribute to improving people’s livelihood and national food security.
Mr Lubinda said Government will ensure the agriculture sector receives the attention it deserves to help foster economic development.
He also commended farmers for their sustained efforts in feeding the nation and ensuring national food security.