By Dr. David Leffler
Tensions are dangerously high in Burundi and some fear political unrest could trigger a protracted civil war. What can be done to maintain internal coherence in a country with such divergent political views? Many countries around the world have shown growing interest in a novel but scientifically verified, field-tested preventive approach. It maintains stability by reducing the national collective stress that can break it down. Among military circles worldwide, this approach is known as Invincible Defense Technology (IDT). It is called IDT because it assures invincibility, peace, and even economic progress, to the nation and the military that employ it.
Invincible Defense Technology (IDT), a Proven, State-of-the-Art, Non-violent Alternative
The precarious situation in Burundi could be rapidly reduced, if the police and/or military of Burundi or any other organization implements the proven advanced military IDT solution. This approach has its basis in a radically new preventive model that has been thoroughly field-tested in numerous world battlegrounds. IDT is further validated by 23 peer-reviewed studies carried out in bothdeveloped and developing nations. When large assemblies of civilian IDT experts gathered during the years 1983 – 1985, international conflict decreased 32%, terrorism-related casualties decreased 72%, and overall violence was reduced in nations without intrusion by other governments. This coherence-creating effect has been documented on a global scale in a study published in the Journal of Offender Rehabilitation.
IDT Reduces Societal Stress
IDT is totally unlike any other defense technology because it does not use violence in an attempt to quell violence. It is a more civilized approach, one especially worthy of nations that abhor violence as a means to power. IDT uniquely goes to the root cause of violence – the built-up stress in the individual and collective consciousness. Scientists have evidence that high levels of collective societal stress are the underlying cause of war, violence, crime and terrorism. When the IDT methodology is applied, stress levels throughout the population are rapidly reduced.
In an environment of lowered stress even staunch adversaries find ways to cooperate and overcome long-standing differences.
IDT uniquely neutralizes the underlying power base of contending groups, which is the stress, frustration and civil dissatisfaction prevailing in the general population. By eliminating the root cause of insurgency, violent outbreaks are pre-empted and prevented. IDT is effective because it gets to the heart of the matter. Terrorism often thrives in nations in which decades or even centuries of under-employment, poverty, and hunger have created a huge societal weight of stress, frustration and endemic unhappiness. This inevitably finds expression in acts of civil unrest, social violence, terrorism, and a downward spiral of economic degradation.
A specially trained military unit, an “IDT Prevention Wing of the Military,” uses IDT to reduce stress in the national collective consciousness. IDT could also be introduced into other large groups such as the police forces, or militias. As the stress and frustration ease, the population is more capable of finding orderly and constructive solutions to their problems.
Experience with IDT in other war-torn nations demonstrated increases in economic incentive and growth. Entrepreneurship and individual creativity also increased. With increased civic calm, people’s aspirations are raised and a more productive and balanced society emerges. Such a society abhors violence as a means for change or as an expression of discontent. With this, the ground for terrorism is eliminated. What is more fascinating, this change takes place within a few days or weeks after IDT is introduced. The changes are measurable from such statistics as crime rates, accidents, hospital admissions, infant mortality, etc.
Rapid Transformation Through IDT
The daily routine for the IDT police/military personnel includes the nonreligious practice of the Transcendental Meditation® technique along with its advanced form, the TM-Sidhi program. As a societal coherence-creating military unit, they practice these programs twice a day, seven days a week, preferably in a secure location near the targeted population.
Such coherence-creating groups have achieved positive benefits in society, shown statistically, in a short time. Modern statistical methods used in this research show a low probability of any explanation other than a causal influence of the technology. The IDT approach has been used during wartime resulting in the reduction of fighting, a decreased number of deaths and casualties, and an improvement in progress toward resolving the conflict peacefully. The war in Lebanon in 1983 was dramatically impacted in a peaceful way by an IDT Intervention Group. A thoroughly documented study of this phenomenon was published in the Journal of Conflict Resolution, and summaries of follow-up studies were published in the Journal of Social Behavior and Personality and the Journal of Scientific Exploration.
IDT works by utilizing our natural human brain mechanics, the most powerful natural resource possessed by every nation on earth. The beneficial transformational effects of IDT have been statistically proven numerous times to decrease and prevent violence and terrorism, and boost the economy.
IDT defense technology supersedes all other known defense technologies (which are based on electronic, chemical, and/or nuclear forces). These old, fear-based modalities are ultimately self-destructive for any nation, and for the human race as a whole, and must be replaced with IDT. So far, IDT is the only known, proven constructive approach.
Militaries that deploy this powerful, human-resource-based technology disallows negative trends and prevents enemies from arising within or outside the country, and as a result, it has no enemies. No enemies means no insurgency, terrorism and war.
The Time for Action is Now
IDT is the twenty-first century’s leading-edge defense system. If Burundi establishes an IDT Prevention Wing, it will ease high tensions, reverse mistrust, crush hatred, create stability and permanently prevent unrest, war and terrorism. Extensive scientific research objectively says, “Yes, the system works.” Why not use it? Time is running out. The best time to act is now, before the perilous situation worsens.
Nearly a thousand locations worldwide have published articles about Invincible Defense Technology. See this webpage for links to these articles
About the author:
|Dr. David Leffler was a member of the US Air Force for nearly nine years. He served as an Associate of the Proteus Management Group at the Center for Strategic Leadership, US Army War College. Dr. Leffler serves as the Executive Director at the Center for Advanced Military Science (CAMS) in Fairfield, Iowa and is a teacher of the Transcendental Meditation technique who lectures about IDT. Contact at: http://www.davidleffler.com|
- Dr. David R. Leffler (2008, February). An Overlooked, Proven Solution to Terrorism. In “55 Trends Now Shaping the Future of Terrorism.” Edited by Dr. Marvin J. Cetron and Owen Davies: The Proteus Trends Series, Volume 1, Issue 2 (pp. 18, 79, 176, C-13 through C-16). This US government-sponsored report was aimed at governmental and military leaders. Excerpts about Invincible Defense Technology taken from the 254 page report are available online at: http://www.DavidLeffler.com/terrorism-trends.htmlThe entire paper version of the report is available online at: http://www.amazon.com/Trends-Now-Shaping-Future-Terrorism/dp/1441451412
- Maj. Gen. (Ret.) Kulwant Singh and Dr. David Leffler (July 2014). Preventing Future Boko Haram Attacks. CBRNE-Terrorism Newsletter (CBRNE is an acronym that stands for “Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive”). PDF available online at: http://www.cbrne-terrorism-newsletter.com/resources/JULY_2014_Part_C.pdf
- Dr. David R. Leffler (Fall 2009). A New Role for the Military: Preventing Enemies from Arising-Reviving an Ancient Approach to Peace. Journal of Management & Social Science (JMSS), Vol. 5, No. 2., pp. 153-162. This peer-reviewed journal is published by the Institute of Business & Technology BIZTEK in Pakistan. The abstract was published in Session 6, p. 44 of the proceeding of the “International Sociological Association Research Committee 01Seoul National University & Korea Military Academy International Conference on Armed Forces & Conflict Resolution in a Globalized World.” July 14 – 17, 2008, Seoul, Korea. The paper was also presented at KIDA, the Korea Institute of Defense Analyses. It is available online at: http://davidleffler.com/preventing-enemies.html
- Col. (Ret.) S. P. Bakshi, Gerald Geer, and Dr. David Leffler (Special Issue May, 2013). Defense Personnel Worldwide Find Transcendental Meditation To be an Effective Tool in Combating Stress. Defence and Security Alert. Vol. 4, Issue No. 8, pages 34-39. PDF available online at: http://davidleffler.com/2013/defence-security-alert-magazine
- Lieutenant General Jose Villamil (Ret.) with Dr. David Leffler (2003, January 29). Project: Coherence. India Defence Consultants. Available online at: http://www.indiadefence.com/proj_cohere.htm