24 HEIs Reopen after Meeting Public Health Standards
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) has granted permission to 24 private Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to reopen and resume business, following the cholera epidemic that prompted the Government of the Republic of Zambia, through Ministry of Health, to invoke the Public Health Act through the signing of Statutory Instrument (SI) 79.
1. Africa Research University – ARU
2. Ambassador International University
3. City university college of science and technology – CUST
4. DMI St Eugene University. Woodlands
5. DMI-St Eugene University Chibombo
6. DMI-st.Eugene University Chipata Campus
7. Eden University
8. Evangelical University
9. Gideon Robert university
10. Livingstone International University of Tourism Excellence and Business Management (LIUTEBM)
11. Lusaka APEX Medical University
12. Mansfield University Lusaka.
13. Northrise University
14. Paglory University
15. Rusangu University – Lusaka Campus
16. Rusangu University Monze Campus
17. Southern University
18. Sylva University
19. Texila American University Zambia
20. United Church of Zambia University
21. Unilus Zambia
22. University of Lusaka Leopards Hill Campus
23. Zambia Catholic University
24. ZCAS University
The institutions have, however, been advised to maintain high levels of hygiene.
HEA has, thus, issued the named HEIs with directives to reopen and commence with their 2018 academic year.
Moreover, HEA is appealing to the general public to report any HEI that is not listed above but is found operating, as the HEI doing so would have not been cleared to operate and, as such, might pose a grave health risk to the community and country, at large.
All correspondence with the HEA are confidential.
Join the conversation @HEAZambia on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn using the hashtag #HEAZambia #HigherEducationZambia
This article was written on 2nd February, 2018, by Birbal Boniface Musoba, Information, Education and Communication (IEC) Officer.
*Other information in the article retrieved from www.times.co.zm/