Extinguisher explosion kills man

Zambia Police
Zambia Police

A 29-YEAR-OLD fire extinguisher technician of Chililabombwe’s Red Fires Limited died instantly after a portable fire extinguisher exploded on him and ripped his stomach open while he was refilling the cylinder.
Copperbelt Province commissioner of police Joyce Kasosa said in an interview that Phancy Chambula died on Wednesday while on duty at Chililabombwe’s mine market around 11:00 hours.
Ms Kasosa said Mr Chambula allegedly over-refilled the cylinder, which exploded.
“I can confirm that a man has died in Chililabombwe after a fire extinguisher exploded on him,” Ms Kasosa said.
She said there were no other injuries.



  1. fire extinguisher’s instead of saving people but they are killing people rip youngman

  2. Does it mean they are no safety cages, where to put those extinguishers, when ever refilling?