Govt to pave urban roads

Zambia road


Road works in the Pave Zambia 2000 project are this month expected to start in all the ten provinces of Zambia.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

The works will involve paving at least 2-thousand kilometres of urban roads.


Road Development Agency -RDA- Chief Executive Officer, Kanyuka Mumba says the process of selecting contractors for the project will start in August.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Mr Mumba has explained that the RDA will directly implement 20 per cent of the works, while the remaining 80 per cent will be contracted.


He told TV 2 news that the agency envisages to create 18-thousand jobs for young people at full implementation of the road works.

Mr Mumba has added that the RDA has further restricted contractor participation in the Pave Zambia project to Zambian companies.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});