Power fans riot again….referee runs aways


POWER Dynamos fans yesterday resorted to throwing stones at the match officials as the Kitwe giants were humbled by a determined ‘Mighty’ Mufulira Wanderers side in this exciting MTN-FAZ Super Division Week 21 clash in Luanshya.
It was a bitter defeat for Power, who dropped into third place on 42, same as Zanaco who sneaked back into second position thanks to goal difference, and saw champions Zesco United open up a seven-point lead at the summit of table

With a K2, 500 fine slapped on Power by the FAZ Disciplinary Committee for violent behaviour during a rescheduled match against Zesco at Arthur Davies Stadium last month still fresh, fans attacked an assistant referee in protest of Wanderers’ goal.
The second assistant referee had to run away from his lines as fans threw all sorts of missiles at him forcing referee Audrick Nkole to halt the match for 10 minutes as Police officers moved in to calm the situation.
Lameck Silwaba beat an offside trap to slot home with superb precision from Taonga Bwembya’s delivery to ensure Wanderers began life home away from home at Kafubu Stadium on a high.

Arrows 0 Zesco 2
CHIPOLOPOLO striker Winston Kalengo warmed up for the upcoming Africa Cup qualifier against Kenya with a brace as Zesco made a giant step towards retaining their title, reports SHAMAOMA MUSONDA from Nkoloma Stadium.

For his first, Kalengo collected the ball on the left flank before slicing through the entire Red Arrows defence, dismissing them like they were not there to unleash a cracker which left goalkeeper Danny Munyao with no chance to keep it out.

That moment of brilliance in the 32nd minute, was one of three on the day, but the manner in which Kalengo scored, left the fans not paying attention to the fact that he scored a brace with his second coming in the 90th minute after Arrows failed to clear their lines.

Napsa 0 Zanaco 1
ZANACO reclaimed second position thanks to a solitary strike by Moses Phiri to maintain pressure on Zesco, while Napsa Stars bid to beat relegation suffered another setback, reports SANDRA MWILA from Woodlands Stadium.

This match saw both sides struggling to find the back of the net in the first half with either Napsa or Zanaco creating any real scoring chances at goal.

Mathews Macha’s header went off target after connecting a Aubrey Funga cross in the 30th minute while Toaster Nsabata made a brilliant save to deny Peter Mwangani from scoring after dribbling past the defence.
Phiri, who came in for Macha in the 54th minute, unleashed a shot outside the box past keeper Philip Banda in the 79th minute as Zanaco completed a double over the struggling Napsa side, who are on 19 points.

Nkwazi 0 Rangers 1
NCHANGA Rangers survival hopes got a boost yesterday when they beat Nkwazi in a highly temperamental fixture played at Nchanga Stadium in Chingola.

Ronald Chibwe scored in stoppage time of the first half to hand Rangers the home win and move to 22 points while Nkwazi who played the remaining 12 minutes of the game under protest, are on 33 points.
Confusion ensued 12 minute before the final whistle when striker Lottie Nyimbiri was hit by a water bottle that left him injured and could not continue with the match at a time Nkwazi had finished their substitutions.

Play was stopped for about 10 minutes as Nkwazi players refused to continue with the match especially that there team doctor had also been sent off and they had no one to treat the injured Nyimbiri.

Buffaloes 1 Dynamos 0
FORMER Zambia Under-20 captain Sebastian Mwansa scored the only goal as Green Buffaloes made a winning return to Independence Stadium to go level on points with Nkwazi but still fifth owing to inferior goal difference, reports GWEN CHIPASULA.

Mwansa finished off a Malan Gondwe pass in the 52nd minute as Buffaloes moved up to 33 points, while their visitors dropped on the ladder as they remain stuck on 27 points.
This highly charged encounter left two Dynamos players with cuts. Jubell Sakala was left with a cut on the forehead after a collision of heads with Jack Chirwa, while a Fellon Sitonya elbow left a cut on Siyasokwe
Bernard’s head.

Nkana 2 Eagles 0
NKANA bounced back to winning ways yesterday following a home win over Green Eagles to leapfrog Dynamos into ninth place with 28 points, same as their visitors, reports KALUMIANA KALUMIANA from Nkana Stadium.
The victory came a week after Nkana lost 5-3 away to Zesco and comes seven days before they visit Power in the big Kitwe derby. Nkana took the lead in the 27th minute through Walter Bwalya who sliced in a cross from Maybin Chishimba.

Bwalya almost added a second in the 45th minute but his shot on the turn after beating Tindi Mwanza flew past the far post to see Nkana take a 1-0 half-time lead.
Simon Bwalya sealed the win in the 80th minute after firing in a cheeky back-heel pass from Fred Tshimenga.

Nakambala 2 Forest 1
FROM Mazabuka, JIM FIKOLOMA reports Nakambala Leopards picked up only their third win of the season to surge to 17 points but still remain second from bottom after this exciting match that two teams finished with a man less.

Striker Signs Chibambo gave the hosts the lead with a header off a Masolo Swala cross in the 13th minute but Clement Chileshe levelled for the hosts in the 32 minute after striking past a cluster of defenders to share spoils at half time.
Junior Zulu, who came in for Aaron Sakala in the 61st minute, needed six minutes to get on the score-sheet and score the winner after collecting a loose ball inside the box to beat keeper Mufwaya Makasa in the far corner.

Forest, who remain stuck on 23 points, got reduced to 10 men when Kelly Sichila was sent off for a second offence after a foul on Zulu in the 70th minute. Zulu failed to keep his cool in the 86th minute after retaliating after Mundia Mukokwa fouled him, forcing referee Stanley Hachiwa to give him a straight red.
Blades 3 Assembly 0

KONKOLA Blades coach John Munkonje began his tenure on a bright note after a convincing home win over bottom placed National Assembly at Konkola Stadium in Chililabombwe.
Smart Chisenga scored in the seventh minute to give Blades a 1-0 halftime lead before Eric Chisala added a second in the 71st minute and Mathews Maleka completed the vital home win with the third goal in the 89th minute.