Fire destroys three houses at Kapulangu compound



Three families of Kapulanga compound in Mongu have been left in the cold after their houses caught fire.

The fire which was caused by an electrical fault from the ZESCO Meter box started around18:30 hours last evening leaving all the three houses burnt to ashes.


Pumulo Nyambe one of the victims has told ZANIS in a walk in interview that the fire later spread and set the three houses ablaze, destroying goods worth K45,000.00.


Mr. Nyambe said the fire has left a trail of destruction on the affected three families as they are left with no shelter forcing them to live in the cold.

And the affected families have since appealed to the government to assist them with food and blankets.


And Mongu Mayor Bright Tombi has bemoaned the continued fire incidences in Kapulanga Compound and has since advised the community to be alert in order to avert future occurances.

Mr. Tombi has further implored the Kapulanga community to desist from the habit of building houses close to each other to avoid simultaneous burning of houses in the area.


Last week, a 78- year- old- woman of the same compound died on the spot after the house she was in caught fire.