Kasama house gutted


Fire has gutted a house at the ZAMTEL complex in Kasama destroying household goods worth thousands of Kwacha.

The owner of the house, David Chanda, told ZANIS in an interview that he had gone for work in the morning when one of his neighbours called him that his house was on fire.

Mr Chanda explained that when he was leaving his house, there was no power, adding that he suspected the fire could have been caused by an electrical fault.

He added that his neighbours tried to control the infernal after breaking into the house but to no avail.

Mr Chanda also appealed to the local authority to improve thefire brigade department in order to promptly respond to fire accidents in the township.

He said despite the fire taking several minutes, no fire tender was sent to quench the inferno at his house.

He said this was despite the fact that the ZAMTEL complex is located just within Kasama town.

Mr Chanda has since appealed to well-wishers to assist him with essentials such as blankets and clothes, saying all his household goods were lost in the fire.