A TWO-YEAR-OLD girl has been burnt to death after the house she was sleeping in caught fire in Kapiri Mposhi District.
The incident happened around 23:45 hours on Friday in Kalweo area in Kapiri Mposhi after the child’s grandmother went out of the house briefly. She had left a candle burning which led to the inferno.
Central Province Police chief Standwell Lungu, who confirmed the development yesterday said the girl was burnt beyond recognition while the her four -year –old brother was nursing serious burns in Kapiri Mposhi district Hospital.
Mr Lungu said police were investigating the incident but cautioned residents against leaving candles or braziers close to materials that could easily catch fire.
In another related development, a 17-year-old security guard, who attempted to cool himself in a water reservoir at a farm, has died after he drowned in Chisamba.
Mr Lungu identified the deceased as Frederick Mulenga.
Mr Mulenga died yesterday around 12:00 hours after he decided to swim in the reservoir.
The body has since been retrieved and taken to Liteta District Hospital.
Noo y ai
Very sorry. May HER SOUL REST IN PEACE.