On Thursday last week Dr Kasonde had given the striking nurses to return to work by 17:00 hours or face disciplinary action.
Health Minister Joseph Kasonde has told Parliament in a ministerial statement that the ministry of health has since instituted the process of recruiting unemployed nurses to replace those who will be dismissed for going on an illegal strike.
He says the full list of nurses who have received dismissal letters has not yet been compiled.
Dr Kasonde says along with the dismissal letters being give to the nurses is a clear assurance that those who wish to return to the service will have to reapply to rejoin.
The Minister has since advised health workers as essential workers to always follow laid down procedure whenever they have any grievance.
And Dr Kasonde has says the Zambia Congress of Trade Unions risks losing its relevance to the activities of its members.
He says the ZCTU failed to offer support to government during the many meetings government held with the Health related unions to try to convince the striking nurses to return to work.