10th August 2018
I the undersigned KALUSHA BWALYA
Do hereby state that: –
• I am surprised and saddened by today’s receipt of the notification from the FIFA Ethics Committee adjudication.
• I have instructed my legal team to immediately appeal this decision urgently and would like to state that I am NOT guilty of any offence, which allegedly took place.
• I have never done and will never do anything to bring the beautiful game into disrepute and stand by the facts provided by me to the committee.
• I unfortunately cannot provide any further details as my legal team has advised I that this would jeopardize my chances of obtaining leave to appeal.
• FIFAs decision is not final and I will fight tooth and nail for justice to clear my name.
• I thank all my fans for their on-going support.
FIFA Bans Former African Player of Year Bwalya
Former African footballer of the year Kalusha Bwalya has been banned from football-related activities for two years following an investigation into his links to banned Qatari official Mohammed Bin Hammam. The investigation found that Bwalya had accepted a gift from Bin Hammam, violating FIFA’s code of ethics. The Zambian football legend says he will appeal the ruling.