THREE children of the same family have been burnt to death in Ndola’s Ndeke township while their parents sustained burns after their house caught fire while they were asleep in the early hours of Saturday.
Copperbelt commissioner of police Joyce Kasosa said yesterday that the incident happened around 02:00 hours at house number 1722.
Ms Kasosa named the deceased children as Liness Chembo, 14, Zawadi Kasolo, 6, and Misheck Kasolo, 4, while their parents Abas Kasolo and his wife, Ruth, are admitted to Ndola Central Hospital.
“It is suspected the fire could have been ignited by a candle which the family left burning in the living room. All the household goods were also burnt to ashes,” Ms Kasosa said.