Education Minister, Michael Kaingu says the Copperbelt University Academic Union has turned down all request to dialogue and have continued with the illegal strike.
Dr. Kaingu revealed that the University Council was ready to dialogue with the union but it refused to engage unless the Vice Chancellor and the entire management is removed.
Presenting his ministerial statement to Parliament on the indefinite closure of CBU , Dr. Kaingu says the strike is illegal because no dispute was declared.
He says the University had already been closed because academic staff had withdrawn services.
The Minister has however stated that the Schools of Medicine and Graduate Studies have not been affected by the closure.
He has since thanked the academic and administrative staff of the two schools for their dedication to duty and not taking part in the illegal strike.
Dr. Kaingu adds that the graduation ceremony to be held on July 23 and 24 2015 will be held as scheduled.
He says the CBU Council has been instructed to work towards resolving the issues and ensure that the academic life at the university is restored as soon as possible.
And in responding to questions Dr. Kaingu stated that about 300 students had been arrested of which 150 had been kept in police cells and were only released after paying admission of guilt fine.