The Ministry of Youth and Sports says it will soon present to cabinet, a strategic plan to address youth unemployment in the country.
Youth Minister, Vincent Mwale says once approved, President Edgar Lungu will launch the plan.
Mr. Mwale has explained that government has prioritised youth employment, hence the creation of the youth empowerment fund.
He has since appealed to young people to apply for the fund, which he says is impartial, despite socio-political and tribal barriers.
Mr Mwale has further reiterated that the fund has no political tag as proposed in some circles.
Patricia Mapiki reports that Mr Mwale was speaking in Luwingu, Northern Province on Thursday, when he paid a courtesy call on the District Commissioner, Mulenga Munsangwe.
And earlier, Northern Province Minister, Freedom Sikazwe bemoaned the bureaucracy associated with accessing the youth empowerment fund.
Mr Sikazwe explained that so far, the province has received over 2-thousand applications.
And in response, Mr Mwale said young people must apply through the office of the District Commissioners.