Govt releases over K1 million for Luwingu schools

0
Banner 3
Banner 3

Govt releases over K1 million for Luwingu schools

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Luwingu, December  31, 2014, ZANIS – Government  released over K1 million for the construction of  new class room blocks at the upgraded schools in Luwingu district of the northern province.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

The funds released amount to K1, 362,000.00 to upgrade infrastructure at Shimumbi, Mampulanga and Luwingu secondary schools that were recently upgraded.

This came to light during sensitization meetings on infrastructure development held at the upgraded Shimumbi , Mampulanga and Luwingu secondary schools by the District Education Board Secretary (DEBS) Charity Lungu.

Ms Lungu disclosed that her office has received funds from the government through her Ministry for infrastructure development to construct  one by three class room blocks for each school and three staff houses.

She said that each school has been allocated K454, 000 which will be for the construction of the new classroom  blocks at the three schools in order to increase class spaces for grade eight and ten pupils.

Ms Lungu explained that the schools were recently upgraded to secondary school level because previously the district had only one secondary school and that it was failing to absorb pupils to higher learning levels.

The DEBS said that the upgrading of primary schools to secondary level will enable more pupils have access to higher learning and also given chance to go for tertiary education.

Meanwhile, buildings officer Edward Chiluba appealed to the community to mobilize upfront materials such as pan bricks, river and building sand towards the school projects.

He said that the community is required to contribute 25 percent of he total project in terms of sand, bricks and stones while the government will provide the remaining 75 percent building materials.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY