The Zambian Government has expressed worry at the reported 24 cases of the Ebola virus that have been so far recorded in neighboring Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
Health Deputy Minister Chitalu Chilufya says government’s worry is in view of the fact that Zambia shares the same boarders DRC.
Speaking when he received a donation of Ebola preparedness supplies from World Health Organization (WHO) in Lusaka today, Dr. Chilufya says government will however strengthen surveillance system at Kasumbalesa boarder post to prevent any possible outbreak of the deadly virus in the country.
Dr. Chilufya says the Zambian government is also aware that Ebola has now become Africa’s huge health threat which requires concerted efforts and stronger partnerships among countries in combating the incurable virus.
He says it is for this reason that government has deployed health workers in different entry points of the country in a bid to prevent the outbreak of the virus.
The Health Deputy Minister has also emphasized that government has not banned movements of people from Ebola affected countries.
( Wednesday 27th August 2014 )