— Govt. calls forb rescheduling of operations at new Serenje District Hospital

0
Banner 3
Banner 3

 

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Govt. calls for rescheduling of operation at new Serenje District Hospital

 

Serenje July 15, 2014, ZANIS —— Government has called for rescheduling of operations at the new Serenje District Hospital.

 

Serenje District Commissioner Charles Mwelwa says the Community Development Mother and Child Health ministry should consider rescheduling the opening of newly constructed hospital until facilities such as the incinerator is in place.

 

 

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

“We cannot open the hospital when we don’t even have transport to ferry sanitary for disposal in an incinerator at the old hospital and that will cause health hazard to the community.

 

 

“Water and Electricity distribution is not also connected at the hospital and that is why we must ensure that when opening the hospital everything is in place, “he said.

 

 

“…The incinerator, water reticulation and power supply are some of the remaining portions of the hospital to be worked on once the contractor has been funded.”Mr Mwelwa said.

 

 

ZANIS reports that the District Commissioner said this when he toured the newly built health facility in Serenje District, today.

 

 

]The hospital which has so far seen phase I and 2 completed is schedules to be opened on the 21 July by the Deputy Minister of Health Dr Chitalu Chilufya.

 

 

Under Phase 3 of the project are construction of six low cost staff houses, two ward blocks, Mortuary and walkways among others.

 

 

And Serenje District MMD Chairperson Elias Tembo says there was need for the new health facility to maintain standards of cleanliness.

 

And Serenje District UPND Chairperson Boniface Mwansa Kapesa advised government to quickly release the funds for completion of the project.

 

 

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY