Solwezi boy electrocutes, man drowns

0
Banner 3
Banner 3

—-A ten-year-old boy of Kizhingezhinge Compound in Solwezi district has been electrocuted as he attempted to feel water that was being boiled with an electric element.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

North-western Province Commissioner of Police, Eugene Sibote, confirmed the incident in an interview today, saying the incident happened yesterday around 10:00 hours.

Mr Sibote identified the deceased as John Katebe, who was pronounced dead upon arrival at Solwezi General Hospital, and his body is lying in the same hospital mortuary awaiting post-mortem.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Meanwhile, an un-identified man has drowned in the Solwezi River.

Mr Sibote said the man drowned yesterday and his body was retrieved near the Kansanshi-Solwezi Golf Estate, adding that no foul play is being suspected.

The police chief has appealed to members of the public to help identify the body.

He also urged members of the public to desist from swimming in the Solwezi River because of the strong current to avoid further loss of lives.


(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY