Kitwe man burns to death

0
death

A MAN OF Kitwe has been burnt to death in his room.
Mabvuto Zimba, 28, of House Number 8021 Chimwemwe Township was burnt to death in the early hours of yesterday from a suspected candle that was left burning.
His sister Esther Phiri said Mr Zimba returned from work around 19:00 hours and was served food which he went to eat in his external room, popularly known as a cabin.
Ms Phiri said she noticed that her brother, who informed her that he was retiring to bed, had taken some alcohol.
She narrated from the funeral house that around midnight, she was awakened by neighbours who informed her of the flames from one of the rooms outside the house.
She said with the help of other neighbours, she forced the door to Mr Zimba’s room open and found the room was on fire.
Ms Phiri said her brother was burnt beyond recognition, including all his belongings.
“When we forced the door open, we found him burnt, I only managed to lift his leg and all his belongings were burnt to ashes,” she said.
The deceased’s aunt, Rachel Phiri said the family suspected that Mr Zimba might have left a candle burning which caused the inferno.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

 

Times of Zambia

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY