I write as a concerned youth to try and understand what really motivated the First president and Father of the Nation Dr. Kenneth Kaunda a Freedom fighter and symbol of hope for the poor to endorse a project that have NOT been approved by either the community and the Zambia Environmental Management Agency (ZEMA). ZEMA is aProfessional Institution that is mandated and entrusted by the Zambian Government to ensure the protection of our environment and our people. And having studied some information from ActionAid, EITA, Musele Community Task Force, Benchmarks Foundation, Centre for Environment Justice, Civil Societies in Zambia and Stakeholders meeting that have been going on in Solwezi, it is clear to those who care for the Environment and driven by morality and Justice that FQM/KLM have violated the Protection Order by carrying out projects at that site. It is very evident that FQM/KML project is a very big threat to the people’s land rights and security of tenure that will not only affect the Musele Community but the entire country as evident in other mining towns. Also the proposed land for the project, amounts to social and economic sabotage of both the present and the future generations of NOT only Musele Community but the entire Country.
- Has Dr Kaunda found time to engage with the affected communities and understand their concerns?
- Has Dr Kaunda found time to engage with ZEMA and understand how they reached on the Protection Order?
- Has Dr. Kaunda forgotten that him being a states man he requires to give a firm and fair position than siding with the Company?
- Has Dr Kaunda understood the Unreversable Environmental Impacts of the Project on Zambia for many years to come?
- What is the motivation for Dr. Kaunda to side with FQM without even get the side of the community who are directly affected under this irresponsible project?