-Boy, 5, burnt to death

Banner 3
Banner 3

A five – year old boy has been burnt to death when  the family house he was sleeping in caught fire in Chililabombwe’s Mine township.

The cabin located at house number A338 caught fire around 01: 00 hours yesterday resulting in the death of the boy while his father is admitted to hospital with severe burns.

Chililabombwe district commissioner Stuart Chitumbo who visited the accident scene confirmed the incident to ZANIS in Chililabombwe today.

Mr Chitumbo said the infernal was quenched by Konkola Copper Mines (KCM) fire fighters who were alerted by a resident in the neighborhood.

The resident identified as Stephen Kafwembe narrated the ordeal at the scene.

He said the father of the deceased identified as Matthew Simutowe was rushed to Konkola Mine Hospital were he was admitted for immediate treatment before being transferred to Nchanga North Hospital in Chingola.

The mother of the deceased and two other children aged two years old and eight months respectively managed to escape from the house unharmed.

The charred body of the boy was taken to Kakoso Clinic Mortuary after being collected from the scene by Police officers.

Eye witnesses said the house caught fire from a burning candle which was left on when the family retired to  bed.