ZANIS SPORTS COPY — Sinkala shocked by Champions League omission

0
Banner 3
Banner 3

Sinkala shocked by Champions League omission

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Lusaka, March 14, 2013, ZANIS —-  Nathan Sinkala shocked to learn TP Mazembe did not register him for the 2013 CAF Champions League.

TP Mazembe announced on its website that the Zambia midfielder was not registered for the Champions League following earlier interest in the year from an unnamed German club.

"I travelled with the team from Congo to Ndola for training only to be told I was not registered for the Champions League," Sinkala told MTNFootball.com in Ndola.

"I am told I was supposed to go on trials to Germany but I honestly don’t know anything about that to tell you the truth. It is all news to me.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

"I am disappointed I honestly thought I was going to play in the Champions League.”

Sinkala joined Mazembe in January, 2012 from Green Buffaloes and played in their Champions League campaign last year.

"Now I am going back to Lubumbashi to talk to the boss (TP Mazembe chairman Moses Katumbi)," Sinkala said.

Mazembe meanwhile wrapped up their three-day stop in Zambia where they held a brief training camp under camera in Ndola en route to Botswana.

Mazembe head to Gaborone to face Mochudi Centre Chiefs this Saturday in a CAF Champions League first round, first leg game.

The DR Congo side were on  preliminary round bye in this years competition.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY